Smoothies have become an essential drink to our everyday lives. Whether it’s drank for breakfast to start the day off on the right foot, or after a workout, smoothies are perfect for a healthy yet filling morning. For breakfast I usually go for heavier ingredients so to sustain me for a busy day. This is also my favorite smoothie by far, I look forward to my mornings because of this smoothie and it’s so easy to make! Take a look:
- Frozen Bananas (or you can use regular banana and just add ice to make it thick)
- A handful of spinach (the more spinach the better, it doesn’t taste like anything anyway)
- Almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla, if you don’t like milk you may replace it with juice)
- Slice of raw ginger (if you like that spicy, peppery taste)
- Fun fact: ginger is great for your intestinal tract, has antioxidant effects, and anti-inflammatory effects. It’s great for your immune system as well.
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Almond butter (Optional but contains a ton of properties such as fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, etc.)
You may add more or less milk depending on the consistency in which you like your smoothies! And Voila there is your healthy breakfast!