Lately, I’ve become a bit more selective on what I put on my skin and how much. money I spend on products. Nothing sucks more than spending $100 on a product that you a)may never use and b)does nothing to your skin.
I can finally say I have handful of good products. not all skin types are the same, but these work for my skin (no acne, but very dry skin).
- If you’re a runner like me Cocoa Butter vaseline is great for dry callused feet. Apply some on the outer edges of your feet and cover them with socks. In just 5 minutes you will see the difference to smooth and hydrated skin. You can also use on elbows if you have dry skin.
- I’ve been using Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Energy body lotion for years. I absolutely love it but only use it for hands since I don’t want to run out. I believe Bath & Body Works no longer carries the mandarin lime scent but Amazon does and it smells so refreshing.
- Clarins One-step Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser. I use it twice a week mainly to scrub off all the dead skin from the sweat that accumulates after working out. It has an orange extract scent, doesn’t disrupt your natural moisture balance, leaves your face soft and smooth, and only costs $38.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Mask has been part of my routine lately. Although I don’t have an issue with my pores, I use it on Fridays after a long week, right after I’ve applied Clarins Facial Cleanser and have noticed a good difference on my skin. It contains aloe and white clay and a small dab goes a long way.
- The Avène Cleansing Gel is new on my list. I’ve only been using it for a week every night and holy crap I absolutely love it. I purchased it on Birchbox and I can honestly say it has made such a difference to my face in just a week. It leaves my skin so clean, as if I’d just gotten a facial.
- This one for the win. Tarte Maracuja Oil. My little sister who is a beauty blogger and knows more about makeup than me (Check out her youtube) gave it to me to try. I use it right after cleaning my face with Avène. Dab 2 drops on your hand, rub together and pat lightly on your skin. I have noticed an incredible difference, my face looks new and glowy.
- Lastly, The ECO. Erase Body Oil from Australia. I found this product as I was lingering through an Australian bloggers Instagram. She used it after her pregnancy to reduce stretch marks on her tummy, she claimed it made a huge difference. Although I’ve never been self-conscious about my stretch marks as they are normal and part of every woman, I still decided to purchase the product. It’s been about a year since I’ve been using it and it has almost completely reduced some of my worst stress marks. Some will probably take a long time or never go away, but I’m happy knowing I found a product that works to slightly minimize scars and stretch marks.